Qualitative research for powerful insights from a deep understanding of people
Focus groups, online communities, observation/ethnography and indepth interviews.
Our qualitative research gives clients deep understanding and insight because we
- Bring our understanding of people to our clients' business or organisational problem
- Challenge our clients' perceptions and assumptions about their customers and market
- Help our clients understand customers and markets that are new to them
- Help our clients see which direction to follow.
Qualitative research is about people first and methods second
Qualitative research needs to be designed by people who understand people. We can do this because we are trained in the social sciences.
- We reveal how our clients' products and services fit into the rich tapestry of people's lives. We use observation, direct questioning and projective questions to do this.
- We then advise clients how to optimise brands, products and services and how to communicate to people in ways they will find most meaningful.
Use it stand-alone, or as a stage in survey development.
- Face to face and online focus groups
- Online bulletin board groups
- One-on-one interviews, phone, face to face and online
- Customer service (CX) / UX one on ones.
We use these on their own or as hybrids - for example ethnography and face to face groups; ethnography and semiotics; one and ones and online .....
We have fine-tuned traditional techniques such as projective techniques and laddering, make extensive use of implicit techniques such as tasks and observation, and combine that with a sense of excitement about what technology can bring to research.
Sue is a regular speaker at AMSRS workshops and training courses on qualitative research.